What a crazy week!
1. The Great Declutter continues. I'm making progress, though. I've finally finished one corner of the school room, and the boys have a new reading nook. They managed to share seven whole minutes before they began bickering over whose turn it was.
2. Speaking of reading, isn't it awesome when kids want to read more? This week, Damien finished My Father's Dragon and asked for the sequels. Jude is expected to read for half an hour a day, and was partway through when he finished the Magic Tree House series book he was reading. He jumped up and yelled, "STOP THE TIMER!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!" and ran for the next volume!
3. Matthew has been on KP duty this week. We've been working on recipes from MyFreezEasy for a future review. So far, we've made four recipes and they're all keepers. It's also nice having a few nights off.
4. Jude also had a turn in the kitchen. He made comfits almost like the ones in Alice's pocket when she fell into the hole. Hers had currants, but since we didn't have any in the cupboard, we swapped mini-chocolate chips.
5. I'm hopeful that next week I'll get further on my to-do list. One of the things is to start editing my pictures from our summer trip so I can start sorting them into blog posts.
©2012- 2016 Adventures with Jude. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://adventureswithjude.com