1. I am going to get organized if it's the last thing I do. If you've seen my house lately, it could very well be. The first thing I did was attempt to get the school room back under control. We had two old chairs that were beyond my repair skills, so the big boys and I hauled them out. The boys decided the chairs needed one last sit-in on our "redneck back porch."
2. For the past two weeks, I've been working on decluttering. One bag or box a day is my goal until I've purged all the excess. I've sent some outgrown things to my nephews, and Neal took several bags to the donation box this week. The good news is I've made progress on closets and dressers, clearing out things that don't fit very well or are unwearably old (you know, the shirts that are faded and misshapen but you keep them anyway). The bad news is one more round and I'll be naked.
3. I finally remembered to call the piano tuner. He raised the pitch and assessed the major work, and has to come back to fine tune it and fix the one broken key. It sounds so much better already.
4. I've started trying a new (to me) organizing system called a bullet journal. I've been in search of the "perfect" planner for a long time, but I haven't found one. Maybe making my own will be the ticket! It's only been a week, but I've gotten more accomplished than ever. That's probably because I've remembered to do things because I'm writing them down in one spot. I'm also enjoying the creative aspect of it -- yesterday, I tried drawing a mandala while I waited for Jude to finish his math test.
5. Jude asked me today when are we putting our fall decorations out. Hopefully, that will happen this weekend, and not only will we be really ready for fall, but another corner will be cleaned out and tidied up!
Have a great week!
©2012- 2016 Adventures with Jude. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://adventureswithjude.com