Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: approx 50 minutes to 1 hour
24 chicken wing pieces (12 whole, split into pieces)
12 chicken drumsticks
1 c. gluten-free flour blend
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 c. honey
¼ c. coconut aminos
4 Tbsp garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. powdered ginger
1 tsp chili powder
½ c water
Note: This makes a mild sauce - increase the chili powder or add a splash of Tabasco or Sriracha if you prefer it spicier.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line 2 baking trays with aluminum foil. If you’re using non-stick foil, keep going. If you’re using regular foil, take a second to coat with another teaspoon or so of oil.
If you have whole chicken wings, cut them into pieces at the joints. Discard the tips (or save in the fridge for making stock), and use the meatier upper pieces.
3. Lightly dust your chicken in the flour and shake off any loose flour. Place oil in the bottom of a container, add chicken, and toss to coat.
4. Bake chicken for 20 minutes on each side (40 minutes total), flipping halfway through.
5. While the chicken bakes, combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the glaze to a boil. Then, lower the heat and allow the glaze to simmer for approx 5 minutes or until half the water has evaporated.
6. After 40 minutes in the oven, remove the chicken, toss it with the glaze, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total). Serve hot.
If you’re baking these in advance, remove them from the oven after the 40 minute mark, and cool on a baking sheet. When preparing to serve, toss the chicken in the prepared glaze and bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes until heated through and the glaze has set.
©2012- 2015 Adventures with Jude. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://adventureswithjude.com